September 13, 2010

Signing


It took me forever to see that she was actually doing it. Now looking back at videos we've taken, I think it was about a month before I noticed. The first time we saw her sign, there were LOTS of clapping and shouts. I'm a little surprised that she continued on! I got a baby sign language DVD to watch with her and that has helped a little. Not her, but me. I've been signing more and learning lots, I think my vocabulary is around fifty words now. Not much, but gaining. She is only up to twelve words. Gabriel, Cory and Guillermo all are beginning sign too. At heart she is a cave baby. Grunting and pointing is her favorite form of communication.

Signs she now uses on a daily basis:
More
Milk
Please
Food
Drink
Light
Fan
Yes
All done
No
Up
Dance
Telephone

Signs she knows and refuses to sign back:
Thank you
Help
Play
Sing
Little
Duck
Bird
Butterfly
Brother
Mama
Dada
Cup
Cat
Dog
Bubbles
Plane
Cupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment